19 - 21 October, 2020
Palais des Congrès de Paris
Focus Day - 19 October 2020
DATA SCIENCE IN ASSET MANAGEMENT (Buy-Side Only)
12:30 pm - 1:00 pm Registration and Coffee
1:00 pm - 1:10 pm Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
1:10 pm - 1:30 pm Industry Keynote - How data science is being leveraged in asset management and the ways in which you can adapt your business set up to stay ahead of the curve
1:30 pm - 2:05 pm Panel Discussion - How can you identify and successfully implement cutting-edge data-driven technologies to enhance your front to back trading capabilities?
Gain insight from both sides of the trading landscape, where two of the biggest asset managers globally by AUM and three of the leading banks discuss where they are seeing technological advancements in data analytics and trading, and debate how to overcome the biggest challenges in industry application.
- What are the technologies of interest for the buy side?
- How to make the decision on what technology capabilities your business needs, how valuable this investment is for your business and when is the investment needed?
- What are the common barriers of entry for technology investing and advancement?
- What are the primary drivers for investing in new technology ie. Cost and resources or the need for more agility?
- With the major developments in infrastructure and mergers between front, middle and back office, what steps are being made to improve communication between the trading and data science teams?
- How will the trading landscape as we know it look to change with the evolution of advanced technology from more traditional players in the market
Michael SteliarosGlobal Head, Quantitative Execution Services
Shary MudassirManaging Director, Co-Head, Global Equities Execution
RBC Capital Markets
Asita AncheHead of Systematic Market Making & Data Science
2:05 pm - 2:40 pm Panel Discussion - What are the new industry initiatives that are driving improvements in data quality?
With the sheer amount of data and variety of sources being applied by investment and trading teams, data quality is paramount to ensure successful integration, analysis and application of this data. Discover how a leading hedge fund, two European asset managers, a leading European agency broker and the CAIA Association, the global organisation committed to education and professionalism in alternative investments, are collaborating to ensure data standardisation across the whole industry.
- What are the data transformation strategies that have successfully reshaped business models and can effectively handle the growing volumes of data now being consumed?
- How are new priorities in data governance improving data quality and what does this look like within an asset manager?
- How are all stakeholders across the trading ecosystem working together to ensure consistency and improved quality of data?
- Advancements in data security and firm wide platforms- what has this enabled concerning trust in data sources and use?
Cruxy & Co
Juan LandazabalGlobal Head, Trading
Christoph HockHead, Multi-Asset Trading
Francis GrossSenior Advisor
European Central Bank
2:40 pm - 3:10 pm Refreshment Break
TRACK 1: DATA ANALYTICS & PREDICTIVE INSIGHTS3:10 pm - 3:35 pm Platforms In The Spotlight - What new data and analytics innovations are providers offering to help you gain an information edge?
TRACK 1: DATA ANALYTICS & PREDICTIVE INSIGHTS3:35 pm - 4:55 pm Meet The Providers - Roundtables
TRACK 2: DATA ANALYTICS & DATA MANAGEMENT3:10 pm - 3:35 pm What new data management, architecture and engineering solutions can improve your efficiency, scalability, agility and speed to market?
TRACK 2: DATA ANALYTICS & DATA MANAGEMENT3:35 pm - 4:55 pm Meet The Providers - Roundtables
4:55 pm - 5:00 pm Transition Break
5:00 pm - 5:30 pm Panel Discussion - How does your business need to adapt to best source, hire, train and retain top data science talent to thrive in the new data-driven landscape?
Jane Buchan CEO Martlet Asset Management
Savvas Savouri Chief Economist, Partner Toscafund Asset Management
Cris Doloc Lecturer, Financial Mathematics Program The University of Chicago & Founder, FintelligeX
Vivienne Artz President Women in Banking and Finance
Naz Quadri Head, Enterprise Data Science and Quant Development Bloomberg
- How have team skills and requirements changed and how do current teams fall short?
- How to best upskill a team - train in house or outsource and what are the key considerations?
- How to get the best team on a budget and resource constraint
- How to best measure the impact of data science on your business- current practices, shortfalls and strategies for overcoming
Savvas SavouriChief Economist, Partner
Toscafund Asset Management
Cris DolocLecturer, Financial Mathematics Program
The University of Chicago & Founder, FintelligeX
Women in Banking and Finance
Naz QuadriHead, Enterprise Data Science and Quant Development
5:30 pm - 5:45 pm Keynote Case Study - How to get more from your current data sets and make them accessible and usable to your whole organisation?
Paolo is a member of the European Fundamental Active Equity team at BlackRock and is responsible for providing fund managers and analysts with alternative data and scalable tools. As an instrumental player at the biggest asset manager globally, he will provide insight into how using your data correctly can really drive returns.
- What are the most effective ways of introducing alternative data in discretionary investment?
- How to gain the trust of investors and what are the differences between proactive vs passive interactions with investors?
- Dissecting the differences between “answering questions” vs “building systematic signals” when building a proactive and long-term data strategy
- What are the synergies with systematic investors and why is this important?
Paolo PuggioniDirector, Data and Innovation