24 - 25 April, 2019
Palais des Congrès de Paris
3:05 PM DISCUSSION PANEL: How to achieve scalability to enhance trade performance with future-proofed technology investments
- What is the best approach to remain active and push ideas through the tech stack when needed in a timely/efficient manner?
- What is the realistic balance between head count and technology given the current requirements for more systematic trading? What does this look like in practice and how can this be achieved?
- How to overcome challenges with legacy systems?
- What are the bigger organisational shifts that need to happen to make this change possible?
4:15 PM PANEL DEBATE: Outsourcing technology is the most cost effective and time efficient strategy for developing your trading technology capabilities – pros and cons
- How to evaluate your company initiatives and what will work best for the whole organisation
- Integration challenges – how are current vendors helping with platform integration issues and legacy systems not talking to newer systems?
- Demonstrating process compliance- what are the regulatory hurdles in both strategies?
- Cost to buy vs internal resourcing – which types of investments justify which strategy?
- Latency expectations and capacity – evaluating speed of which platforms are needed and internal resourcing to develop
- Considerations and challenges around an API approach
For: Derek Flynn, Head, Trading, Schonfeld
Donal Byrne, CEO, Corvil
Against: Jason Gaunt, Director, Trading & Implementation, PanAgora Asset Management