24 - 25 April, 2019
Palais des Congrès de Paris
Director, Trading & Implementation
PanAgora Asset Management
4:15 PM PANEL DEBATE: Outsourcing technology is the most cost effective and time efficient strategy for developing your trading technology capabilities – pros and cons
- How to evaluate your company initiatives and what will work best for the whole organisation
- Integration challenges – how are current vendors helping with platform integration issues and legacy systems not talking to newer systems?
- Demonstrating process compliance- what are the regulatory hurdles in both strategies?
- Cost to buy vs internal resourcing – which types of investments justify which strategy?
- Latency expectations and capacity – evaluating speed of which platforms are needed and internal resourcing to develop
- Considerations and challenges around an API approach
For: Derek Flynn, Head, Trading, Schonfeld
Donal Byrne, CEO, Corvil
Against: Jason Gaunt, Director, Trading & Implementation, PanAgora Asset Management