24 - 25 April, 2019
Palais des Congrès de Paris
FIA European Principal Traders Association (EPTA)
11:50 AM ALL STAR PANEL: A brave new world for capital markets – what does it take to thrive in the ever evolving global trading environment where innovation, transformation and renewal wins?
- Where are the opportunities being seen in the market given the constantly evolving regulatory landscape and how are the leading brokers preparing for long term survival?
- Given commission squeezes, what is now required from broker services and how does this look to change over the next 5 years?
- What does innovation look like from the broker and trading community regarding new product offerings, market coverage, market structure insight etc.?
- Given growing restrictions on balance sheets and handling risk, how will they continue to manage profit margins, maintain quality of services and truly compete in this increasingly competitive market?
- How does differentiation and specialism play into the evolving asset management and broker/execution landscape and what do the winners look like?
3:05 PM REGULATOR FEEDBACK: Gain actionable feedback from the European regulators on how their respective markets have responded and performed post MiFID II. Series of 10 minute presentations.
What are the thematic issues and lessons learnt from MiFID II?
1) What have been the trends in best execution outcomes?
2) What does a good best execution policy look like?
3) What is the feedback on reporting levels from the industry given the varying interpretations?
4) Is the data as expected and if not, how and why?
5) Updates on regulatory requirements for algo trading- where does the responsibility lie?
6) What trade data needs to be reported vs not?
7) What actionable takeaways can the industry gain?