24 - 25 April, 2019
Palais des Congrès de Paris
Head, Securities Markets Unit, DG FISMA, Securities Markets
11:35 AM REGULATORY KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Has MiFID II met expectations? Have European securities markets evolved for better or worse?
- What can be deduced from the pre and post trade data generated from MiFID II reporting and is this as expected by the regulators?
- How has the double volume cap affected equity trading in the EU? What are the most innovative trading protocols currently available to the buy-side? Are they all MiFID II compliant?
- Has MiFID II given rise to better execution, has it lowered the cost of executing a trade and made EU securities markets more competitive?
- How are the regulators going to use MiFID II market data this information to continue to drive market transparency and efficiency?
- What future initiatives might be necessary to provide for more innovation and more competitive markets (CMU)?
9:45 AM ALL STAR PANEL: Evaluating new dark liquidity – what are the similarities and differences and proven strategies for interacting with them?
- What is really dark? How is the market really interacting with dark pools and what has the true impact of the dark pool caps been on market behaviour?
- Periodic auctions: how transparent are they and when do they actually happen? Are they really an alternative to dark pool trading? Who sets the price for these and how can the value of liquidity really be demonstrated?
- How are SIs offering alternative liquidity, regarding size of liquidity, limited market impact and routes around dark pool caps?
- Developments in block trades- how are they really impacting the market regarding volatility and pricing impact?
How are small to mid-cap stocks covered by these products and how can these now be accessed?